Thursday 22 March 2012

The importance of being brutal

How does one respond to positive feedback? Most normally, Blogger spots it and marks it as the spam it undoubtedly is. So if I receive a 'Insightful article. Very interesting and informative. Thank You.'  from 'Urdu Translation Services', these days it does not go to my head. If they really wanted to reel me in, they'd treat me mean... 'Feeble article. Boring and cliched. A veritable chocolate teapot. Have you ever tried a spellchecker?'

I'd happily have Blogger filter out useless compliments at parties and writing groups too. Next time someone says 'that was so... interesting', the words will not even reach me, and I will feel no need to respond. We know who our best friends are; they're the ones who simply and honestly hate our work, but like us all the same.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting article. From local N Quentin Woolf writing services, very cheap, also dry cleaning.